Conecuh County Work Session 22 October 2019
Meeting started at 9 AM by Chairman Riley.
First on the agenda was County Engineer Foshee:
1. Mr. Foshee seeks permission to look at trading out dump trucks. This will just be a quick look see to check if it’s feasible to sell our old ones and purchase new ones.
2. Mr. Foshee advised that a grant has been applied for. No feedback on it yet but there is another grant available in the amount of $250,000.00. We are also eligible for this grant and he request permission to apply for it too.
3. Mr. Foshee advised we are in receipt of an invoice for the tires we needed to put on dump truck sold last June. Total $8,500.00.
4. He has a check in the amount of $5,000.00 to pay for damage to a guard rail on County Road 6. Request permission to proceed with repair.
5. Mr. Foshee advised that the old tin removed from the animal shelter when the roof was repaired is being stored by the engineering department. He request it be declared as surplus and he be allowed to sell to the highest bidder.
County Administrator, Stephanie Brown:
1. Sales tax due Shrimp Basket and Piggley Wiggle is in; $10,947.50.
2. Request permission to pay for the security system at DHR. Total cost $650.00
Commissioners comments and announcements: None
News media: Nothing
Meeting closed at 9:20 AM.
Regular meeting to start at 10:00 AM.